Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Solutions
Recent global events have highlighted the need for business leaders to understand the role Unconscious Bias plays in the success of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). Even prior to these recent events, studies have shown a correlation between organizational diversity and profitability. Clearly, focusing on unconscious bias as a principle of workplace culture and a strategic business advantage is critical for leaders at all levels of an organization. The acknowledgement that the workplace is a working and learning community for an increasingly diverse workforce has made all of us more attuned to the need for continued dialogue, education, and training around Unconscious Bias.
Today’s workforce is one of the most diverse in modern history. In the workplace, the definitions of “bias” and “diversity” are expanding upon measurable demographic traits such as race, ethnicity, and gender, as well as highlighting the important role of individual and group identities in the employee experience.
Recognizing unconscious bias focuses a lens on how biases impact an organization’s culture and progress (or lack thereof) towards a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Uniting a workforce with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and values that represent the communities it serves is the advantage of diversity. During this half-day, timely, interactive, and highly informative discussion, participants will learn:
How our own personal biases (because we all have them) influence workplace decisions. Ways managers at all levels can minimize the impact of unconscious bias.
Strategies to bring together a workforce with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and values, and that represents the communities it serves. How to foster a more engaged workforce Strategies for leading an organization that promotes inclusion at every level.
WHY MCG PARTNERS?
MCG Partners works to develop your leaders to create an engaged and high-performing organization. We know from experience what it takes to be successful as a diverse and inclusive team. Our goal is to inspire and grow leaders who embrace diversity, inclusion, and equity, facilitate change and drive innovation.
DEI STRATEGIC ADVISORY & CONSULTING SERVICES
A successful, comprehensive, and integrated DEI strategy is one that can be articulated and implemented to transform a culture while identifying and systematically removing barriers to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and eliminating unconscious bias.
Our robust set of consultative services empowers your organization to create and implement an effective, impactful DEI strategy:
- Developing a DEI Strategy & Roadmap: Utilizing findings from the DEI Needs Assessment and existing survey data, MCG will support you in developing a detailed two-year roadmap, identifying specific goals, more inclusive managerial processes, and success measures. Recommendations will be made for securing executive and mid-level approval for the roadmap and its dashboard, as well as engaging staff in the implementation of the plan across the enterprise.
- Executive Interviews: We conduct interviews with members of the senior team. Questions will be crafted to learn where there may be opportunities to leverage DEI in their individual business plans and management practices. A brief report outlining a set of executive-level recommendations for the most salient findings is provided. These interviews will augment the needs assessment and strategic planning processes.
- DEI Survey: We can launch an enterprise-wide DEI survey and capture major themes, analyze data, and make recommendations.
- Executive Coaching: We provide executive coaching for targeted individuals who need help in better understanding racial and social justice issues, and for diverse leaders.
- Listening Tour: We provide services through which employees can give anonymous DEI feedback, and present you with actionable findings.
- Town Halls: We provide monthly Town Halls that are interactive learning labs on topics of race and social justice.
- Executive Search: We provide talent acquisition strategies to attract and retain diverse talent.
- Review Internal Policies & Procedures: We audit and enhance diversity recruitment, job descriptions, strategic alliances, and all stages of the employee lifecycle to eliminate bias.
- DEI Council/Committee Launch: We help you create and facilitate the launch of an internal DEI council or steering committee including a full-day DEICouncil/Committee Retreat.
- Interim Chief Diversity Officer: We provide you with an experienced interim CDO or coach new and incoming CDOs.
- Open Discussions: We facilitate forums so employees can talk about sensitive issues safely and openly, to build trust and allyship.
Our variety of workshops are currently delivered virtually but can be in-person in accordance with guidelines. Virtual classrooms allow for continued L&D regardless of place, time, or circumstance. Curriculum can also be licensed for internal use.
These workshops combine content, small group work, and peer discussion to empower practical application in real world situations:
- Overcoming Unconscious Bias & Exclusion: Learn how to understand and identify unconscious bias, act inclusively, and use inclusion-building tools.
- DEI Awareness & Why It Matters: Understand key DEI terms and concepts, business case, and how to discuss divergent perspectives respectfully.
- Creating a Culture of Belonging and Respect in the Workplace: Learn tactics to create a culture of belonging, dynamics of a respectful workplace and how to ensure company-wide respect.
- Strategies for Building a Diverse Culture: Learn how to leverage the power of diversity and manage organizational change to effectively remove barriers to inclusion.
- Courageous Conversations: Understand how to diffuse fears to establish a safe space for difficult discussions that builds an inclusive workplace, reduces anxiety, and increases employee well-being.
- Managing Stereotypes & Prejudice in theWorkplace: Use activities to bring awareness to stereotypes and prejudice, and how to deal with them at work.