Talent optimization is a new way to understand how people have the potential to contribute to the broader business strategy and optimize the output and productivity of people to achieve amazing results.
Does your company know how to create a high-performing team?
Few companies know how to manage employees in a way that propels everyone to the top of their game. They create a business strategy and monitor business results, but they fail to do the key “people work” in between—and fall far short of their goals.
Talent optimization is a discipline you can use to align your business strategy with your people strategy for optimal business results.
Talent Optimization Services
Create High-Performing Teams
Maximize Your Team’s Performance
Great performance starts with a team that has the right mix of skills and is focused on achieving a set of common goals.
When you join forces with MCG Partners, we work with your team members to:
- Identify individual behavioral styles
- Reveal how personal behaviors impact the success of the team, job performance, key relationships, and the organization
- Establish and communicate a set of team goals
- Recognize and leverage the strengths of diverse and complementary team members
- Apply behavioral communication, decision-making and problem-solving concepts to achieve the team’s objectives
Our goal is for each of your team members to build a personal action plan for applying the principles of being an effective team member in and for your organization.
Understanding and Strengthening your Team
You can use our team effectiveness solution to empower managers to unleash the power of their people by understanding what drives each individual—and managing accordingly.
Employees not getting along? Compare two people to see how they work together—and get tips for improving the relationship.
Team Work Styles
Are your people working together but not reaching their goals? Understand why so you can improve relationships—for better business results.
Managing Today's Hybrid Workforce
Effective Teams Without Walls
Since 2005, the remote workforce has increased by 140%.COVID 19 not only hit the accelerator but it created new challenges and solutions. Now companies are exploring virtual, in-office and/or hybrid.
How will your team achieve hybrid success?
To keep your teams focused and productive, you need to consider two separate yet distinct aspects of workforce effectiveness:
- 1. Manage your new team effectively. This program is designed to provide insights into the tactics, techniques, and processes needed to effectively develop managers in managing hybrid teams. Set up your managers for success in how to effectively keep employees and teams engaged and to address team challenges, best practices, accountability, unconscious biases and technology utilization.
- 2. Prepare to be a productive and engaged hybrid worker. Set your employees up for success by providing practical tips and techniques that they can put into practice today to assure they are an effective member of the team, communicate effectively, maximize productivity, build credibility and trust, deliver superior results and maintain work/life balance.
MCG Partners works to develop your leaders to create an engaged and high-performing organization. We know from experience what it takes to be successful as a hybrid team and have cultivated tips and best practices to share. Our goal is to inspire and grow leaders who enhance agility, embrace collaboration, drive innovation and manage change.
By engaging in the latest research, trends, available tools and implementation best practices, you will set the framework for establishing a successful hybrid workforce structure and environment.
We’ll introduce you to the PI Behavioral Assessment™, a workplace behavioral assessment to help you understand your employees’ drives, motivations, needs, and their natural work style. It will help you understand how they prefer to work and be part of a team. Using talent analytics, we will explore:
- the myths and realities surrounding hybrid work
- communication strategies for keeping the team connected and recognize issues while building trust
- best practices on managing remote employees
- best practices on managing hybrid employees
- tips and strategies for being successful as a hybrid worker
- available tools and resources to support a hybrid work environment
Steps we will align for success include:
- Build Awareness: Use a science-backed, reputable behavioral assessment to collect people data on your team. This helps you become aware of how each team member prefers to communicate, make decisions and resolve conflict.
- Gain Insight: How are your team members’ natural works styles similar? How are they different? What degree of empathy needs to be in place to meet in the middle and satisfy each person’s needs?
- Take Action: Have a conversation with your team. Invite their feedback. Together, decide how you will communicate, make decisions, resolve conflict, and support each others’ natural work styles.
- Follow Through: Action isn’t a checklist. Hold yourself and your team accountable for supporting this way of working so you as a hybrid team can just as, if not more effective, as a team working in the same physical location.
PI Employee Experience Survey
Measure Employee Engagement and Take Action
Is your engagement survey falling short?
Engagement surveys often show, but don’t tell – until now. The PI Employee Experience Survey™ is a scientifically validated tool that measures engagement, analyzes and prioritizes results, and prescribes detailed action plans to address problem areas so you can take action immediately.
How can it drive productivity and success?
According to Forbes, highly engaged teams are 21% more productive than teams with low engagement. The PI Employee Experience Survey empowers your managers and employees to pinpoint and fix problems through detailed action plans. Imagine what you could achieve with a more engaged, productive team and organization.
Are your employees checked out? Isolate the cause of low employee engagement—and take action to fix it.
The PI Employee Experience Survey™ is a measurement tool for understanding employee engagement within an organization. It’s designed to translate confidential feedback across an organization into focused insights and prescriptive actions that make it easy for leaders and managers to accelerate engagement.
What causes low employee engagement? Our researchers have identified four forces that destroy engagement:
- A mismatch between the employee and their Job
- A mismatch between the employee and their Manager
- A mismatch between the employee and the People on their team
- A mismatch between the employee and the Organization
Your company might be fighting against one of these forces—or all four. In any case, you have employees who do the bare minimum to avoid getting fired. The PI Employee Experience Survey measures employee engagement across the four categories—and delivers a custom action plan so you can fix what’s broken.
Analyze the evidence.
After the survey closes, you will receive organization and team level reporting that gives insight into employee experience ratings compared with benchmark data. You’ll also see the impact of specific experience measures on engagement within your organization. This will enable you to focus on what truly matters for employee retention and productivity at the macro and micro level.
Prescribe improvement actions.
Those insights are distilled into prioritized actions to ensure your efforts are focused to maximize business outcomes. Actions prescribed from reporting enable you to take action right away.
A coach at your side.
You don’t have to go it alone. With a coaching package, one of our certified Consultants can assist and guide you every step of the way. From survey set up to results interpretation, you’ll have a trusted ally by your side as you take the necessary action to drive a world-class organization.
Take Action on Engagement Workshop
Drive Positive Engagement
A successful engagement project relies on clear communication and acting on your results. The Take Action on Engagement workshop ensures that positive change happens across all levels by preparing managers to communicate effectively and build and execute data-driven actions plans.
By the end of this workshop managers will be able to:
- Understand engagement scores, successes, and opportunities presented in the Team Report.
- Create an action plan collectively with team members.
- Use PI tools to improve leadership and management skills.
- Managers leave the workshop with an action plan to address opportunities for greater engagement within their teams
- Managers use a common framework to take action
- Managers sustain momentum by receiving digital learning and best practices to execute
PI Strategy Assessment
Find and fix business strategy misalignment.
When senior leaders pursue competing goals, they fight, get stuck, and make poor decisions. And that affects every employee in the company. The PI Strategy Assessment is a framework for uncovering misalignment—so execs can work through their differences and get on the same page. With an agreed-upon business strategy, execs can design an aligned talent strategy and tackle top challenges like:
- Finding the right talent
- Aligning employees with the business strategy
- Getting the most out of people
- Creating a great work environment
The PI Strategy Assessment is the first step in solving these problems. Are you pursuing an Exploring strategy? A Producing strategy? A Stabilizing strategy? A Cultivating strategy?
If you don’t get on the same page about strategy, any people decision you make is a shot in the dark. Don’t waste another day or dollar chasing after competing goals. Assess your strategy to:
- Put the right people in the right seats
- Coach and inspire employees to be great
- Retain your high performers
- Crush the competition
You become a high performing organization when every person in the company rows in the same direction. Alignment starts at the top.
How does the assessment work?
Step one. From a list of strategic statements, senior leaders identify the ones they think the company should pursue. (Each statement maps to one of four strategy types.)
Step two. Senior leaders rate their confidence in the company’s ability to pull each strategic priority off.
Step three. Senior leaders view alignment and misalignment between their behavioral profiles and their strategic priorities.
What happens after the assessment?
Use your PI strategy assessment results in an Execute Strategy with Confidence workshop. Here, you’ll analyze the results of your PI Strategy Assessment, squash any differences, arrive at an agreed-upon business strategy, and craft talent strategies to maximize performance. Guided by one of our expert Consultants, you don’t have to go it alone.
Unconscious Bias and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Recent global events have highlighted the need for business leaders to understand the role Unconscious Bias and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) play in the engagement and effectiveness of their workforce. Even prior to these recent events, studies have shown a correlation between organizational diversity and profitability. Clearly, focusing on unconscious bias as a principle of workplace culture and a strategic business advantage is critical for leaders at all levels of an organization. The acknowledgement that the workplace is a working and learning community for an increasingly diverse workforce has made all of us more attuned to the need for continued dialogue, education, and training around Unconscious Bias and DEI.
Today’s workforce is one of the most diverse in modern history. In the workplace, the definitions of “bias” and “diversity” are expanding upon measurable demographic traits such as race, ethnicity, and gender, as well as highlighting the important role of individual and group identities in the employee experience.
Recognizing unconscious bias focuses a lens on how biases impact an organization’s culture and progress (or lack thereof) towards a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
What to Expect
Uniting a workforce with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and values that represent the communities it serves is the advantage of diversity. During this half-day, timely, interactive, and highly informative discussion, participants will learn:
- How our own personal biases (because we all have them) influence workplace decisions
- Ways managers at all levels can minimize the impact of unconscious bias
- Strategies to bring together a workforce with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and values, and that represents the communities it serves
- How to foster a more engaged workforce
- Strategies for leading an organization that promotes inclusion at every level
Private Equity and Venture Capital Talent Solutions
How can you pick your investments wisely to maximize the chances of landing a home run or unicorn? In an investment decision, two factors are being assessed: the idea and the people behind it. Its critical for Private Equity (PE) and Venture Capital (VC) firms to attract, assess, and develop the top leaders to reduce risk. Growth of your investments require a talent and development strategy that addresses the changes and volatility of market conditions.
Leadership & Talent Acquisition Strategy
A portfolio company’s leadership team and organizational dynamics have a strong correlation with its upward growth and profitability. Leadership, talent development, and organizational culture play an increasing role as growth enablers or constraints. Leadership issues, talent gaps, bottleneck decision-making, and ineffective management teams obstruct growth and investment returns.
The impact of the pandemic has turned the talent development and retention landscape upside down are faced with the challenge of attracting, retaining, and developing leadership teams capable of engaging teams in a remote or hybrid environment while addressing unprecedented change and impact. Forbes estimates that half the time portfolio firms fail to achieve the returns their investors expect, its due to the wrong leadership running the company.
*Brubaker, M. (2017). Private Equity Leadership Lessons: How CEOs Limit Company Performance. Forbes
MCG’s PE & VC Talent Solutions
- Pre- and post-Merger & Acquisition Leadership Evaluation
- Executive and/or Team Assessment – PI Behavioral Assessment™ and 360 Assessment
- PI Team Discovery™ – Assessing & Aligning Executive Team with Business Strategy
- Executive Coaching
- Succession Planning
- Employee Engagement
- New Leader On-Boarding
- Globalization – Expansion & Remote Leadership
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Programs
- Executive Transition Services